NKPHTS

The Nickel Plate Road Historical & Technical Society


Preservation Home | Cabooses | Diesel | Freight | Passenger | Steam

List and photos provided by Bob Albert. Some photos by Steve Grigg. Structures are arranged by Nickel Plate Road station numbers.

(Also see Ohio Railroad Stations Past & Present and Existing Railroad Stations in New York State.)

Click on the for a picture of the structure. The picture will open in a new window.

Updated 4/8/16 - New photos and new listings for Toledo, Bellevue, Norwalk. Contributer Bob Albert

Nickel Plate District:

    0
    Buffalo, NY -- #1) Lackawanna Passenger Station; used by NKP, train shed used as light rail car shop by Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority at 15 Main Street. #2)Niagara Frontier Food Terminal, joint with Erie RR, about 12 buildings still in use for food distribution, 1430 Clinton Street (SR354) and Bailey Avenue (US62)
    22
    Angola, NY -- depot, moved to 134 S. Main Street, unused
    50
    Brocton, NY -- depot, joint with PRR, moved to 6224 W. Main Street (US20) Portland, NY for civic use
    103
    Girard, PA -- depot, joint with PRR, moved to 2954 Mechanic Street, Lake City, PA. Owned by Susan Yosten, used as a gift shop
    116
    Conneaut, OH -- Wooden maintainer's shed and concrete block former dispatcher's office located at Mill Street and tracks. There may be other buildings in the yard.
    123
    Kingsville, OH -- depot, used as a stove and fuel business at 6226 Lake Street (SR193) & tracks
    134
    Saybrook, OH -- depot (with B&O caboose), used at a garden shop, moved to 8101 Depot Road
    144
    Madison, OH -- freight house, at 125 N. Main Street (SR528) and tracks, derelict condition
    184
    Cleveland; OH -- Union Terminal, Public Square, used for offices/mall
    193
    Rocky River, OH -- depot, used by NS signal department, at 19060 Depot Street
    197
    Bay Village, OH -- depot, (with N&W caboose 516368), wine shop use, Huntington Reservation 28000 Lake Road (US 6)
    202
    Avon, OH -- depot w/B&O caboose used as Railway Barbershop, 36840 Detroit Road (SR254)
    221
    Vermilion, OH --depot, moved to 993 State Street (SR60) & NS tracks, behind old school house. Also have NKP caboose 1155 in a building, maintained by "Friends of Harbourtown"
    229
    Berlin Heights, OH -- depot, moved to 9122 SR61 & Driver Road at tracks, used as an American Legion post
    240
    Kimball, OH -- passenger depot disassembled and moved for reassembly. Freight house moved to a farm on Strecker Road, unable to locate either building.
    248
    Bellevue, OH -- roundhouse, NS owned, not used, near 306 Buckeye St.
    310
    Leipsic Junction, OH -- Joint B&O/NKP tower, derelict condition, east of SR65 at NS/CSXT crossing
    285
    Arcadia, OH -- reported NKP (not LE&W) depot moved east of town about 4 miles, have not been able to locate.
    349
    Payne, OH -- depot w/caboose 411 moved to Payne Community Park at 601 Main St, (SR49) on north side of town
    367
    East Wayne, IN -- turntable and "square roundhouse" (now DS and other offices), other small buildings in yard, all are north of Nelson Road
    371
    Fort Wayne, IN -- platform shelters at Calhoun Street, built during railroad elevation project; Canal House
    451
    Knox, IN -- depot and crossing watchman tower, both moved to NYC right of way on US35 at north edge of town
    510
    Calumet Yard, IL -- turntable
[ Top ]

Lake Erie & Western District:

    1006
    Castalia, OH - depot, moved, used by Lions Club at Washington ( SR269) & Cement Street on north side of town
    1023
    Fremont, OH - depot (joint w/LS&MS) now called Depot Pizza & Bar at 117 N. Monroe St: and freight house still in railroad use at Monroe, Washington & Napoleon streets
    1037
    Amsden, OH --depot used as a residence, was north side of CR28 (Main Street) but moved to the south side at 8222 CR28
    1043
    Fostoria, OH -- depot owned by the Fostoria Rail Preservation Society at 128 W. North Street
    1049
    Arcadia, OH - LE&W depot moved to 403 Fremont St. (SR12) next to Arcadia Cemetery, used as a residence
    1058
    Findlay, OH -- freight depot; vacant, Main Cross at tracks
    1067
    Rawson, OH -- depot moved to community park, Main and Liberty Streets, civic use
    1074
    Bluffton, OH --depot moved to 405 Spring Street, used by American Legion Post #382 and Bluffton Community Sportsmen's Club
    1101
    Buckland, OH - depot, privately owned, moved to 102 High Street (barely visible from road)
    1135
    Fort Recovery, OH -- depot moved north of town at municipal park entrance on SR49
    1199
    Elwood, IN -- tower (joint w/PRR) at former crossing area
    1204
    Hobbs, IN -- depot moved to Indiana Transportation Museum at Noblesville in Forest Park
    1209
    Tipton, IN -- depot and Steelox building in NS railroad use at N. Main & Erie Streets
    1234
    Frankfort, IN -- depot in NS maintenance use at 260 Bunnell Street
    1259
    Lafayette, IN -- depot (joint w/Big 4) moved during a railroad relocation project
    1292
    Handy, IN -- Joint NKP/NYC tower, derelict, between Talbot and Ambia south of CR 750S
    1315
    Rankin, IL -- depot, moved to west side of Main Street, used as Library and Police Department
    1325
    Paxton, IL -- freight house is now owned by the IC Historical Society
    1340
    Gibson City, IL -- depot used by NS maintenance people, at original location
    3007
    New Bremen, OH -- depot privately owned by Crown Equipment Corp. / Jim Dicke (not accessible for public viewing)
    4000
    Indianapolis, IN -- Union Station, downtown, commercial use
    4012
    Castleton, IN -- depot moved to 82nd Street for commercial use
    4022
    Noblesville, IN -- see 1204
    4032
    Arcadia, IN -- depot moved to 107 West South Street, used as library and museum
    4041
    Tipton, IN -- depot was used by maintainers in later years, sits at 119 N. East Street between Washington & Jefferson Streets, Red Brick Saloon (closed)
    4052
    Marshall (Kokomo), IN -- yard office remodeled into a trail head/restroom facility at Defenbaugh Street and the IMC tracks
    4054
    Kokomo, IN -- depot/freight house, Jackson & Buckeye Streets owned by City of Kokomo for civic/ commercial use. Crossing watchman tower on Buckeye Street south of depot
    4098
    Rochester, IN -- depot moved to Fulton County Historical Society on US 31west of town
    4118
    Plymouth, IN -- depot in used by NS maintenance department at W. Garro Street and tracks
    4125
    Tyner, IN -- depot moved and used as a residence; French Street (pix)
    4131
    Walkerton, IN - Joint NKP/B&O/NYC tower, not used, in original location.
    5083
    New Castle, IN -- depot Indiana Avenue & tracks in railroad office use
[ Top ]

Clover Leaf District:

    2008
    Maumee, OH -- depot w/caboose & box car, moved to Wolcott Museum at 1031 River Road
    2015
    Waterville, OH -- depot owned by NS at Sixth & Mechanic Streets, unused
    2035
    Malinta, OH -- depot, section house and outhouse w/DT&I caboose, East of SR109, used as museum
    2050
    North Creek, OH -- depot moved to Hilter Airport at 2067 CR18A & B Roads
    2069
    Fort Jennings, OH -- Former Clover Leaf depot, located on private property at 15153 CR 22K, Cloverdale
    2102
    Pleasant Mills, IN -- depot, the building appears to be a store and depot space was rented on the trackside, now a residence. Near junction of US33 & SR101
    2118
    Craigville, IN -- depot moved to Ryan & Edgerton Roads east of New Haven, IN
    2133
    Buckeye, IN -- depot moved to a farm on CR1200W in northwest Jackson Twp, Blackford County, used for storage
    2153
    Marion, IN -- depot at McClure & East 4th Streets, commercial use.
    2166
    Sims, IN -- depot at grain elevator used for storage
    2172
    Greentown, IN -- Section (motor car) house moved about two blocks north of former location of depot..
    2190
    Russiaville, IN -- depot now used as Police Station, moved to Kinsey Drive.
    2207
    Frankfort, IN -- roundhouse, turntable and coal dock, visible from streets, but not accessible
    2228
    Linden, IN -- depot (joint w/Monon) w/caboose 497 owned by the Linden Madison Twp Historical Society at 520 Main Street (US231), used as a museum.
    2249
    Veedersburg, IN -- depot at north US136 and tracks, privately owned.
    2319
    Charleston, IL -- depot (joint w/Big4)
    2363
    Cowden, IL -- depot moved to Pioneer Park
    2378
    Ramsey, IL -- tower (joint w/IC) w/caboose 459 and box car in a public park, maintained by Lions Club
    2432
    Edwardsville, IL -- depot, has been shortened, owned by the Goshen Preservation Alliance
    2454
    St. Louis, MO -- Union Station
[ Top ]

Wheeling & Lake Erie District:

    7001
    Toledo, OH -- W&LE crossing watchman's tower from Front Street, now at Mad River & NKP RR Museum in Bellevue, Ohio
    7012
    Curtice, OH -- moved to Mad River & NKP Museum, Bellevue, OH
    7053
    Bellevue, OH -- Joint W&LE, NYC, PRR and NKP tower, maybe used by signal department, also a Steelox building, 320 Monroe Street
    7061
    Monroevolle, OH -- depot (joint w/B&O) moved to Milan on SR13 near Ohio Turnpike
    7065
    Norwalk, OH – Steelox building at Newton and Jefferson Streets at tracks
    7101
    Lodi, OH -- depot now owned by Lodi Railroad Museum at 204 Railroad Street at South Broadway
    7117
    Smithville, OH -- depot moved to Main & North Milton Streets
    7136
    Brewster, OH -- depot/office building used by WE railroad, also former locomotive shop & the Wandle House
    7175
    Scio, OH -- depot appears to be unused at 112 East Main Street
    7193
    Adena, OH -- Steelox freight house, unused, and Steelox B&B Dept. carpenter shop, owned by the new Wheeling & Lake Erie.
    7199
    Dillonvale (Pine Valley) yard office.
    7414
    St. Clairsville, OH -- Steelox freight house (blt.1954), unused and owner unknown. Near Station Street trail parking lot.
    7500
    Cleveland, OH -- freight house at 2769 Commercial Road now owned by QRS Office Supply
    7512
    Bedford, OH -- depot on Town Square at 33 South Park Street, maintained by Bedford Historical Society
    7516
    Falls Jct, OH -- depot owned by Midwest Railway Preservation Society and a Steelox building in railroad use, both located at Pettibone Road and tracks
    7532
    Kent, OH -- Moved to and owned by Components & Equipment International at 849 West Main Street (SR59)
    7540
    Mogadore, OH -- depot moved to 87 South Cleveland Avenue (SR532), owned by Mogadore Historical Society
    7547
    Hartville, OH --depot used by Maple Street Gallery, (also a caboose and passenger car), located at 120 Maple Street (SR619)
    7591
    Sugar Creek, OH -- depot in railroad use at Main & Factory Streets
    7615
    Coshocton, OH -- depot and Steelox building in railroad use at Cambridge Road & Orange Street.
    7630
    Dresden, OH -- depot used by Dresden United Methodist Church for the Tri-Valley Area Clothing Bank at Main & Muskingum Streets.
    7644
    Zanesville, OH -- depot, appears to be unused, Linden Avenue at McIntire.
    7708
    Chagrin Falls, OH -- depot temporarily moved to Geauga County Fairgrounds in Burton. Owned by Mary Briggs who plans to move it to 14801 Goodwin Ave in Burton Village. The depot is visible from Claridon-Troy Road
    7727
    Carrollton, OH -- depot used by the Depot Bar & Grill at Second & High Streets.
    7803
    Minerva, OH -- depot used by Chamber of Commerce and Salvation Army at 301 Valley Street.

[ Top ]

© Copyright 1998-2017 The Nickel Plate Road Historical & Technical Society, Inc.
The NKPHTS logo and the name "Nickel Plate Road" are registered trademarks of the NKPHTS, Inc.