Along the Line
- NKP Alco S2 4 donated to Silver Creek & Stephenson Railroad in Freeport, IL.
- Coach 107 recently purchased by the Austin Steam Train Association
- Acquisition of the EJ&E by the CN clouds future use of ex-NKP bridge in Chicago.
- Ex-NKP Pullman "City of Findlay" repainted by the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL.
- Mad River & NKP Museum, Bellevue, OH to be dedicated to the memory of Bill Fuehring.
A Sterling Remembrance
Two Memoranda by Peter K. Shepherd
Pool Cars and Wash-outs by Joseph B. Immler
The End of the "Great Timber Fleet" Photography by Bob Richardson
In the Beginning by Don Daily
Engine Stories compiled by David Wendt
Certain engines were always regarded as just a little bit better than their peers. The standout for the first order of S-2's was the 748; perhaps someone at Lima knew something when the 748 was selected as the builder's portraits for her order. In February 1958, the handsome 14 year-old engine hustles through Avon, Ohio in the waning days of her career.
Photo: Philip Horning
Back: Nickel Plate S2 4 served Medusa Portland Cement and its successors in Dixon, Illinois for forty years after a 22-year Nickel Plate career. The unit retained an NKP appearance for years; in this undated photo she's kept her "monkey bars" and end stripes. The 1942 Alco is moving to nearby Freeport, Illinois for preservation and possible restoration.
Photo: NKPHTS Collection
Tack Board- questions from readers
Car 831 - letters to the Editor
NKProducts - product reviews
- Walthers Platinum Line International NKP Bay-window caboose.
- Book Review - "The Postwar Freight Car Fleet -- North American Freight Car Designs from 1898 to 1947"