Along the Line
- Genesee & Wyoming acquires Ohio Central Railroad.
- NS SD9 #52 converted to remote control drone.
- Work slowly progressing on NKP 587
- Ex-NKP 10-6 Pullman "City of Muncie" in service with CN.
- 3 bridges form Grand Crossing project in Chicago still survive.
- ELDCPS to use "City of Lima" in "The Pullman Project"
- Indianapolis commuter rail line.
- Mad River & NKP Museum rededicated in honor of William Fuehring
- In Memoriam - Rollie Jordan
Pullmans and Wild Birds by Peter K. Shepherd
Forensics Investigating Revisited by Peter K. Shepherd
The Wheeling & Lake Erie and the Wheeling Bridge & Terminal by John B. Corns
The First Steelies by Peter K. Shepherd
Caboose Cooking by Joseph B. Immler
Tack Board- questions from readers
Car 831 - letters to the Editor
S-1 's were not quite as well-known or as photographed until some moved to the Nickel Plate District. The 720, Lima class of 1942, is eastbound at River Road in Vermilion on February 23, 1958. HObbyline's venerable Berkshire kit will allow modelers to give S-1 's a presence on their model pikes -- if one can be found.
Photo: Philip Homing
The eight Nickel Plate lO-6 Pullmans that were sold to the Illinois Central in 1965 had short second lives and diverse fates. One entered work train service, one went to Mexico, two went to railfan groups, one joined a tour operation and three, like "Canton" (ex-"City of Buffalo"), spent years at, of all places, a bird sanctuary.
Photo: Peter Shepherd collection
NKProducts - product reviews
- Athearn stock number 23357 NKP lettered forty-foot single-sheathed boxcar previously part of the Roundhouse line-up.
- HObbyline's Berkshire.