"No. 767 on Turntable at Conneaut Roundhouse" might well be the title for this picture. The Berkshire, Type S locomotive shown, and 54 others like it were acquired by NKP from Lima Locomotive Co. from 1942 to 1944. Fifteen other such engines had been purchased in 1934. They hauled vital freight during crucial war years and since cessation of hostilities have helped the railroad meet unprecedented peacetime transportation demands.